Thanks for the suggestions and information everyone!

Think I'll probably go the AutoZone Duralast option. Don't want to dump a
lot of money in to it right now and finances are a little tight. I will
however probably get a hardwired charger/maintainer for them to try and
keep them in optimal condition. One question though, They are currently in
battery boxes under the quarter berth with a hole drilled into the engine
compartment. Is this safe for flooded batteries? Should they be relocated?
If so, I have no clue where would be a good safe place with enough space
for them.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016, 14:52 Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> I've been using Delco Voyagers for nearly 2 decades and swear by them.  I
> get 7-8 years service life with a good smart charger.
>
> Delco Voyagers are widely respected in the bass fishing arena also.
>
> A 24 series cranks my Universal 25XPB diesel just fine but I'd stick with
> 27's.
>
> Dennis C.
> Touche' 35-1 #83
> Mandeville, LA
>
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Kevin Paxton via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey everyone. Just recently subscribed to the list. Purchased a '82 C&C
>> 34 a few years ago. Been sailing it around the Chesapeake on brief day
>> sails so far with the aim to have a few overnighters soon once the kids get
>> a little older. We are based in Pasadena up Cornfield Creek. I'm lucky
>> enough to have a community dock with slips that are real cheap. :-)
>>
>> Anyways, both of my group 27 batteries got completely discharged since
>> the last time I checked them. So I need to either determine if there is any
>> way to salvage them or decide on a new set of batteries. Any suggestions on
>> good batteries or ones to stay away from? Is there any gain to trying to
>> revive them?
>>

>> They power a Yanmar 3gm30f and I haven't had any issues with starting
>> them, but keeping them charged for any amount of time has been challenging.
>> So I've been thinking of getting one that is a dual purpose and the other a
>> true deep cycle for use as a house battery. What kind of combinations do
>> others have?
>>
>> Thanks!!
>>
>> Kevin
>> '82 C&C 34 #473?
>> Japhy's Spirit (needs a rename, thinking 6 Pax, family of 6 Paxton is
>> last name)

>> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you
>> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
>> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!