Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2016 15:38:21 +0000
From: Kevin Paxton <kpax...@paxdesigns.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Relocate Water Tank Fittings

My tank is under the port settee as well. However the pump was located
under the galley sink on the starboard side. So the tank outlets were
forward, then the tubing ran towards the galley. There was a T after it
entered that storage area which one way went to the foot pump the other to
the electrical pump. I don't know the history of the boat, so I don't know
if it originally started with just the foot pump. I'm the 3rd or 4th owner
I believe. I've thought about relocating it to where the tank is, however I
don't want to run a completely separate line to the foot pump.

I did just read somewhere though that the distance listed for self priming
pumps is actually only for vertical distance? Is this true? If that's the
case, then I don't have a problem. Vertically it will only be 6"-12" above
the height of the outlet on the tank.

Thanks,
Kevin

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 11:24 AM Stevan Plavsa via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to imagine how the pump is 7 or 8 feet from the tank. On my 32
> the 30 gallon tank is located under the port side settee. Tank is located
> aft in this storage space and pump is forward of tank. My boat did not
> originally have a pump at all (just foot pumps). I installed a jabsco just
> forward of the tank where the port is. If your tank is like mine, it can
be
> positioned either forward in that storage space, or aft. In it's default
> orientation it's aft with port forward but I don't see why, if I needed to

greatly appreciated!