before the pump. My sanitary routine is to leave the tank full, empty it on
arrival at the boat (every week or two) and refill with fresh immediately.
FYI practical sailor had an article on carbon filters a year or two ago and
recommended the inexpensive home house filter rig, but went for a fancy
high-performance special carbon filter. I've tried the cheap and readily
available carbon filter off the store shelf ,and I've been happy. Water
tastes OK from the tap now, and the coffee is immensely improved.

Nate

greatly appreciated!