Sounds like you're referring to an internal boom bail:

http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/SparParts/Boom_bails.html#Internal%20Boom%20Bails

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly 35-1
Glen Cove, NY

On 9/18/2016 9:15 PM, Nate Flesness via CnC-List wrote:
Anyone know the name and/or vendor for the stainless u-bolt hanging down from inside the boom? Used as an attachment for a block, typically mainsheet, with the mounting holes of the u-bolt bent out to the sides (like an eye strap in that regard), and mounted up inside the boom with pop-type rivets holding it?

My C&C 30-1 has one, and our Tartan 31 had two, one shattered yesterday.... metal fatigue I guess...need to find one but don't know what its' even called??

Nate

Sarah Jean
1980 30-1
St, Croix River