Will second Bill's comment.  Two years ago a C&C 37 was in our boat yard for
the winter with a keel that was not well attached to the keel stub.  The
keel nuts would not tighten but slipped on the bolt threads.  Dropped the
keel to discover the bolts had not been sealed at manufacture allowing bilge
water in causing crevice corrosion to the point the threads were damaged.
This allowed keel movement elongating the holes in the stub which allowed
more leakage / corrosion.  Solution was to ship the keel to foundry for
repair and new bolts, repair stub holes, allow everything to thoroughly dry,
reinstall with good sealer all around.  Major job to say the least.

Dave's photos look like a similar problem - best of luck in repairing

John and Maryann

Legacy III

1982 C&C 34

Noank, CT