I would check the compression and the injectors.  You can do simple
injector tests by installing them upside down so they spray up.  If the
spray pattern isn't even and a fine cone then they need cleaned.  You could
clean them yourself.  While you have them out you have a perfect
opportunity to check the compression.  Compression should match between
cylinders +/-25ish and be ~400psi.

Inspect and clean the precombustion chambers below the injectors.
Reassemble and see if it starts any better.  If not I might consider
getting the injectors pop tested.

If air is getting into the system a strip of paper towel tied around
culprit fittings will provide proof in short order.  Then again a back
leakage of the various check valves would be kept internal and be very
difficult to troubleshoot.

You could just go sailing...

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Oct 5, 2016 9:19 PM, "Michael Jones via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Hello experts,
>
> I wonder if you can help me with any suggestions. I have a C&C34 with a
> 3GM30 F. This motor runs well and smoothly, water circulates, no smoke.
> Recently it has been taking more and more revolutions to get it started.
> When it is turning over there does not appear to be anything going on, but
> when it starts its immediately smooth and normal (no coughing and
> spluttering).
>
> This leads me to think that there must be a leak in the fuel system which
> is allowing the fuel to drain back out of the injectors. The fact that it
> seems to start with all 3 cylinders suggests that the leak is before the
> injector pump.
>
> I cannot see any fuel leaking out at the supply pump or filter, so I'm
> wondering if anyone can suggest where I should start looking? Or what might
> cause this and not show fuel leaking or spraying out? I'd like to introduce
> some method into my troubleshooting!
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Mike Jones
> c&C34 Seanachai
> Oak Bay, Victoria.
>

> On Sep 25, 2016, at 6:09 AM, Dave S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> Good morning all.  Several weeks back there was a discussion surrounding
> issues with bulging keel castings in colder climates.   Been meaning to
> post some photos I took awhile back, here they are:
>

> http://cncwindstar.blogspot.ca/
>

> Dave 33-2 Windstar

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!