From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Jack Brennan
via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2016 10:55 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Jack Brennan
Subject: Re: Stus-List Yanmar diesel

This may be basic, but are you folks giving it 3/4 to full throttle when you
crank, as suggested by the Yanmar manual? After it starts, you immediately pull
back to idle to let the oil circulate.

When I got my first diesel-powered sailboat with a diesel. I didn’t know to do
this and sometimes had long cranks to start. Now it catches almost immediately.

Jack Brennan

Former C&C 25
Shanachie, 1974 Bristol 30
Tierra Verde, Fl.