Mike,

Several people on the list have retired their Martec props for the very
reason you cite: very poor reverse performance.  Many have changed to 2
blade Flex-O-Fold geared props and the difference in reverse is dramatic.

Take a look at a prop test article from Yachting Monthly in the UK that
Flex-O-Fold posted on their website at this link:

http://www.flexofold.com/upload_dir/docs/Test_YachtingMonthly_low.pdf

The Gori did not rank very well.

I believe everyone who has switched to a Flex prop has been happy, once they
get the pitch correct.  I was initially spec'ed a 16 Diameter x 13 Pitch to
replace a 16 x 14 Martec,.  That was too much pitch and was getting severe
cavitation / vibration.  Now I have a 16 x 12 with better performance and
very little vibration.

Brian