Hi all,

After a few years of cruising Lake Ontario and the 1000 Islands in the St.
Lawrence River I'm planning on some extended cruising next season, maybe to
end up where winter doesn't suck.

My old 33 MKI is naked - no dodger and no bimini, and while I love that,
let's face it, some shelter from wind/rain/sun would be damned nice, and
this spring I'm going to bite the bullet and do it.

I would really love some opinions (and pictures?) of some designs and "dos
and don'ts" for dodger design.

Resolute has the traveller just aft of the companionway, which will be a
bit of a pain for dodger design, but I'm not moving it (it's a newish
traveller, and really really nice!).

My main concerns in the dodger design are how to handle the slope of the
cabin top (so it looks ok) and to keep things so that the lines are clear
to the winches with room for cranking. I could deal with a dodger being in
the way of the more forward winches and just use the aft ones when the
dodger's "trailing wings" are pulled back.

Last season I worked out the height - a bit lower than the boom will let me
look through it when sitting and look over when standing (in the picture
that's my son who is a bit taller than me!)

Image for reference:
http://resolute.rocks//images/Resolute_port_slowsail_wkjib.jpeg

I appreciate any comments, especially those which explain what you feel
like are mistakes on your own dodger! (and any and all pics of a 33 MKI
dodger appreciated VERY much!)

Cheers!

Paul

Resolute - 1975 C&C 33 MKI