According to
https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/SearchResults?SearchType=CORP&SearchCriteria=U.S.+Vessel+Documentation&SearchSubType=Keyword
 this company is only one year old. Its principals are John Soria and Maria
Carlos of Long Beach, CA (husband and wife, it would appear from
https://www.facebook.com/captainjohnsoria and
https://www.facebook.com/maria.carlos.5268 ). John Soria is also the principal
of U.S. Marine Surveyors http://usmarinesurveyors.com/about/ , also of Long
Beach, CA.

But maybe the company had a previous incarnation - John Soria's LinkedIn
profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/captain-john-soria-96666046 mentions a
domain name vesseldocumentation.us, which was registered on 10/03/15 by one
Edward Riener, according to
https://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results-res.jsp?domain=vesseldocumentation.us
 .

The current domain name uscgdocumentation.us was registered by John Soria on
6/29/16 -
https://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results-res.jsp?domain=uscgdocumentation.us
 .

Ed Riener runs a diving company in Southern California that also does marine
survey work - http://edrienerdiving.com . So my guess, and this is just a
guess, is that Ed Riener and John Soria may have met through their work in
Southern California, and Ed Riener may have sold a vessel documentation
business with domain name vesseldocumentation.us (registered 10/03/15) to John
Soria who renamed the business U.S. Vessel Documentation and launched a new
website at uscgdocumentation.us (registered 6/29/16).

I complained to the USCG NVDC about U.S. Vessel Documentation in email on
Friday, and may follow up with a letter or phone call to the CO of that unit.
It could be argued that John Soria is close to violating 18 U.S. Code 912 -
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/912 , and possibly in violation of
federal and California consumer protection laws as well.

Best Regards,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine
C&C 30-1 #7