Hi Bruce,
I had the thin bow end of the fixed light snap or crack vertically while away
from the dock on vacation. It leaked when it rained and that was when I
actually noticed the crack. I was able to use a thick layer of clear silicone
to temporarily stop the leak. I used tape on each side of the crack to provide
a clean edge while applying the silicone. It worked but it's temporary. You may
get 18 months out of it but if it started to crack it will continue and you may
have to completely remove the old silicone and reapply. I am redoing my fixed
ports this summer. (The south sunny side of the boat cracked first!) Good luck,
Len
S/V Crazy Legs
1989 37+
Midland On.