I have long tracks which start about two feet aft of the shrouds and are even
with them across-wise. They are about eight feet long. The 140+/- sheets near
the forward end of the gate and the 155 sheets mid-to aft in the gate. The clew
of the ‘working jib’ which may be original to the 1980 boat (seldom used) goes
around the shrouds, and touches the shroud with the clew cringle. It sheets
nearly where the 140 does because of its high clew (about 4 feet off deck) and
it is rather full for a little sail. I sheet the genoas to the rail when
reaching, as having them pinched into the track just chokes them off.

A different cut on a small jib would require a car and short track which could
be inside the shrouds.

Garhauer adjustable cars work just fine for this.

Gary Nylander

30-1 #593