      From: Sam Salter via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Sam Salter <sam.c.sal...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:18 PM
 Subject: Re: Stus-List Drilling a Hole in the Hull

Using tape and starting in reverse to drill a neat hole through gel coat is
good advice.
Depending on where you drill, you might get balsa core, especially above the
waterline  (not sure if the 35 has a cored hull)
I don't think silicone has any place on a boat. I'd use Sikaflex. (I'm not keen
on butyl either‎ - my deck to hull joint is butyl and it drips everywhere!)
‎Why a 1 1/4" hole for a 1 1/8" fitting?

sam :-)
C&C 26 Liquorice
Ghost Lake Alberta