I really need to add a roller solution on my 29-2 and I'm wondering what
other folks have done. I'd like to do something that works well and is
simple. I currently have a Lewmar Claw/Danforth Anchor that is 22 lbs and a
bit of a beast to drop without a roller. I would like to keep it on the
roller while under sail. Right now we stow it every time. The bow fitting
is a bit odd on the C&C and doesn't easily allow the mounting of a stock
bow roller but I was thinking of doing something similar to the one shown
at the bottom of the page on the DIY:

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/doityourself/bowroller/bowroller.htm

Has anyone else done this and have details on how they did it? I purchased
a 12x12 piece of 12 gauge 316 SS to weld mount a stock roller on and was
going to cut it to size as shown in the photos. Other option would be to
construct my own from additional stainless. I've even thought about 3D
printing one out to see how it fits.

Also, I'm wondering how it was secured to the bow fitting. It looks like
screws where used, but it seems like nuts and bolts would be a lot more
secure. I was curious how the ones in the photo were tapped, and if Tom
removed the nose piece to tap them?

The platform solutions look very but perhaps that's the best option.

Thanks,

Gene
"Hawk"
C&C 29-2