I don't know how similar the 37/40+ is to the 35mk3 but I am in process of
addressing similar leaks.

Taking off the hood was fairly straightforward - but did involve removing the
traveller track.

I also found that the aft end "stop" was loose - at one time - probably not
original bedded with silicon.

On the 35 this stop cannot be eliminated as it also prevents water from making
its way under the sliding hatch - and supposed to direct the water through two
limber holes to the channels each side. In my case the starboard side limber
hole was completely blocked!

I removed the stop (required removing teak bungs to access the wood screws)
cleaned off the silicon and rebedded the stop liberally with life caulk.

--
Jonathan
Indigo C&C 35III