I have heard that the best way to dry an electrical item is to put it in an
oven at low heat.  I have a drill motor like yours that I bought on sale at Ace
hardware.  BTW, I assume you still have a second battery so if you can salvage
the motor you are not at a total loss.
Frank

    On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:58 AM, robert via CnC-List