Richard, I don't know anything about the 39, (another gorgeous 39 by the way),
however you noted that the boat is "bigger" than what you had in mind...; of
course there are many variables, budget, the body of water or area in which
you'll be sailing, condition of boat, etc...; I recall some years back, I was
sailing a C&C 25 and wanted something "bigger", but was hesitant about getting
a boat I couldn't handle, so I opted for a 29, which was a great boat but its
still didn't stop that craving for something larger...so I soon found myself in
a 33, and then I found the boat I have now, a 37 (all C&C's of course); my
point is that a bigger boat gives one the opportunity to grow into it and opens
new sailing venues. While I am not suggesting you should get a boat beyond your
ability to handle, or that one should go bigger just for the sake of having a
big boat, I found that I was too timid in wanting a bigger boat and didn't go
for the boat a really wanted in the first place. I am now very happy with the
boat I have.   I am certain that others on this list feel the same about their
vessels...regardless of size, age or amount of care involved; if you're "drawn"
to the boat, then give it some serious consideration.

Richard
s/v Bushmark4; 1985 C&C 37 CB; Ohio River, Mile 593

Richard N. Bush
2950 Breckenridge Lane, Suite Nine
Louisville, Kentucky 40220-1462
502-584-7255