Open V-cleats? Ok, I just call them jam cleats. In any case, I would hesitate
to use them for a halyard application unless it was for a temporary application
as Dennis C. suggests. Having said that I use them for my headsail sheets and
like them very much. We have no conventional cleats in SLY's cockpit, just
these jam cleats mounted on angled brackets at all 4 of the cockpit winches. It
is so easy to drop the sheets into these and release the sheets from these when
tacking and while making small adjusts to any of the headsails including the
spinnaker. SLY came to us with this arrangement many years ago. Great for
racing.
Dave.
SLY
1975 C&C 33