Sounds like a bad gauge if it is still pegged with power off.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE DeviceDoug Mountjoy POYC Pegasus Lf38 Significant
Other LF39
-------- Original message --------From: bwhitmore via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 6/19/17  19:01  (GMT-08:00) To: CnC CnC
discussion list <CnC-List@cnc-list.com> Cc: bwhitmore <bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Stus-List Myanmar 3jh2e temp gauge pegged
Hello all,
You can imagine my discomfort when I looked down and found the temperature
gauge pegged as we were approaching a bridge.
I put my wife on the helm and went down below to check out the engine as water
flow out the exhaust sounded good and we weren't throwing off steam.  I was
able to hold my hand with only mild discomfort on the hot water heater hoses.
When I got to the dock I turned off the engine and the gauge stayed pegged.
When I go to start the engine I can see the gauge jump a little bit.  I've also
turned off all power entirely including all circuit breakers and the battery
switches and the gauge stays pegged, so I don't think it is linked to a
grounded sender.
What say you folks?  Bad gauge?
I have yet to crawl in and disconnect wire at the back of the gauge as a test.
Will do that next weekend.
Thanks!
Bruce Whitmore1994 C&C 37/40+Astralis Madeira Beach, FL