Actually, the "pin size blisters" may be more what some of us call gelcoat
pox.  Older C&C's were prone to gelcoat pox near the boot stripe/waterline
area.  The pox is pretty much limited to the gelcoat.  I think C&C applied
the gelcoat a bit too thick in this area.

I fixed Touche's pox and applied barrier coat in 2007.  Despite the
seemingly hundreds of pox spot, there were no blisters, none.  No
recurrence to date.

They are primarily cosmetic and are fairly easily fixed.  Here's a couple
pics:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_sb5TfIENvsdlFYdGp0bnpjcTQ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_sb5TfIENvsU0IzdG5LQjUwczQ

A couple hours with a right angle die grinder with cone shaped grinding
stone followed by a few swipes of AwlFair or 3M Premium Putty and some time
with a sander and they're fixed.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA