I "upgraded" the traveler on my '73 C&C 25 Mk1 a few years back.  The car
didn't move freely, and neither did the pin stops.  I agree, you need the
ability to quickly drop the traveler.

The C&C 25 Mk 1 has a curved track mounted on top of the transom, at an angle
so the tension on the car is perpendicular to the track (end of boom sheeting).
 Even though I salvaged a track from another boat to use as a pattern for a
custom replacement track, replacing the track wasn't really an option.  Access
to the back side of the mounting bolts is nonexistent.  (Adding a stern rail to
my boat was bad enough.)

I believe the track and car on my boat are Fico.  I was able to find a used car
on Ebay, not great, but better than what I had.  I added small blocks to the
top of the car, and clam cleats at the sides of the cockpit.  It was a
significant improvement and cost me less than $50.  And it doesn't preclude me
from upgrading to something modern in the future.

I'm curious if anyone else with a C&C 25 Mk 1 has upgraded their traveler?

Mark
Dartmouth, MA

On 1 May 2017 at 19:10, Jean-Guy Nadeau via CnC-List

My track slide is very difficult to move. The wheels are worn and do not turn
easily any more. Has anyone found a suitable replacement system or parts to
repair the existing system?

Cheers, J-G

Sent from my iPadOn Jul 11, 2017, at 10:11, Sean Richardson via CnC-List