From: "Chris Hobson via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Chris Hobson" <ch...@hobsonbuildsco.com>
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 11:44:42 PM
Subject: Stus-List Bilge Pump Wiring (Cont...)

Thanks for all the feedback regarding the bilge re-wire on my 30-1, very
helpful advice really appreciate it. I’m now going down the rabbit-hole of
electrical and figured I’d post a few photos because maybe something is
glaringly obvious with my current setup and one of you can point it out.

I discovered a secondary battery switch today for all the negative battery
terminals from my #2 house battery under the galley cupboard, not sure how
common it is to have two main battery switches like this.

Also found out, as I accidentally left the main battery switch on #1 battery
the other night from too much vino, it’s still dead and hasn’t recharged even
though I’m connected to shore power (albeit a sketchy shore power hookup) to my
True-charge battery charger.

Could be one of two things: battery #1 is toast might remove and do a load
test, or try to find if there’s a power draw somewhere down the line that
surpasses the 10amp charger. Surveyor thinks it’s a badly hardwired autopilot
and noted curious oxide on the prop, but I don’t know enough about bad wiring.
So anyway here are some photos of my current setup:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_lwczpvPcEHd3R5NXVlNC1tRkE?usp=sharing

Photo #1: Cabin main switches - lights illuminated from lazarette being open.

Photo #2: New battery switch discovered under galley counter port-side for
negative terminals.

Photo #3: Truecharge 10amp Battery Charger hooked up to shore power. Neg and
Pos go to battery #2 and a third Pos wire goes to battery #1.

Photo #4: Truecharge wiring on batteries.

Photo #5: Wide shot of negative terminals(below) going in port-side cupboard
under galley counter to main battery switch #2, Pos terminals going to main
Cabin for battery switch #1.

The way I see it I have three options: