Might be injectors. Or plugged air intake. Check intake, make sure it is clean.
Do you use any fuel additives? I use Soltron, it helps keep the injectors, and
fuel clean.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE DeviceDoug Mountjoy POYC Pegasus [for sale] Lf38
New boat LF39
-------- Original message --------From: Dave S via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 8/3/17  18:23  (GMT-08:00) To: C&c Stus List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Dave S <syerd...@gmail.com> Subject: Stus-List
Yanmar 2gm black smoke on start
Evening all

This just started.  Black smoke on startups clears with rpm.  Have read that's
unburnt fuel.  Have not serviced engine other than oil and filter...
suggestions?  Tx.

Dave. 33-2

Sent from my iPhone