I do similar except I run clear plastic tubing from the bucket on deck and
shove it into the raw water intake port on the outside of the hull.  I start
with plain water to make sure water is being sucked in and then switch to a
bucket with 50.50 antifreeze until it is all gone and I see green coming out
the stern.  One person operation and no disconnections necessary.  Dave

Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT