Same here Chuck.  The unit seems pretty bomb proof.  Unlike you I don't
really know what I'm looking at and typically I don't motor at night, just
sail so my electrical needs are carefully considered.  200W of solar, 90Amp
alternator, and  600Ah of batteries helps ease my concerns.

Josh

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Chuck Gilchrest via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Half Magic sports a working Raytheon 1200 CRT radar at the nav station.
> Takes a while to warm up and it really draws some serious amperage.  As
> such I only tend to use it when motoring at night or in fog.  But it isn't
> awful once you learn to interpret what's out there.  I even got the owners
> manual and schematic diagram showing all the resistors and stuff..
> Chuck Gilchrest
> S/V Half Magic
> 1983 35 Landfall
> Padanaram, MA
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 10, 2017, at 3:03 PM, Joe Della Barba via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> That looks like a Furuno CRT unit. They are actually quite nice radars.
>

> Joe Della Barba
>
> j...@dellabarba.com

When security matters.
http://www.secure-my-email.com