From: "Dennis C." <capt...@gmail.com>
To: CnClist <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 14:08:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Stus-List Can't close the v-berth door
Years ago, I installed a hydraulic backstay adjuster on Touche'.  Hot dog!
Picked the boat up from the yard and went out on the lake to try it out.
Cranked it down and, oops, the head door wouldn't open.  Temporary boat rule:
nobody uses the head going upwind.  Downwind, backstay off, door opened fine.
Didn't take long to discover deteriorated mast step.  Tightened the rig, the
mast was driven downward into the boat.  The turning blocks on the mast pushed
the collar down, deformed the cabin roof and bound up the head door.
Rebuilt mast step solved issue.
Your experience may be different.
Dennis C.Touche' 35-1 #83Mandeville, LA
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Patrick Davin via CnC-List