I’m thinking that this might be a common issue along the C&C line, at least
from our vintage years. About a year after I acquired our boat and getting the
rig rebuilt (I bought it with the mast on the deck as an abandoned bank-repo)
and the boat in the water the v-berth door stopped closing. Worked with a
friend who owned a boat-yard and built boats and we couldn’t really find a
“good” reason for this happening.

I just ignored it and kept the v-berth door pinned open. It will be interesting
to see it that still is the case when I finally put the new rig (all new rod
and running rigging) back in after sitting on jack stands with no keel for a
couple of years...

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin