I spent some time loosening and tightening mast related items. The spare genoa
halyard had the most effect. When I eased it the mast shook a couple of times
then settled down. There has been no vibrations since, although the conditions
have changed as well. Thanks for all replies on a perplexing issue.

Al Liles
SV Elendil
C&C 37/40+
Vancouver