The outer diameter is a press fit into the deal bore. The green coating on the
deal is a dealer of sorts. Take a socket kusing the closed end]or a seal
installer tool and drive the deal into the clean bore. Make sure it is oriented
in the proper direction.  The seal lip should be facing the fluid you want to
stop. Usually there are 2 seals facing opposite directions. The first seal will
have the lip facing the impeller and be bottomed in the bore. The second deal
will have the lip facing the engine and be flush with the bore end. This is
true of the pump is engine driven and not belt driven. Hope this helps

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE DeviceDoug Mountjoy POYC Pegasus (for sale) Lf38
Rebecca Leah LF39
-------- Original message --------From: Daryl McKelvie via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 9/3/17  09:17  (GMT-08:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Daryl McKelvie <darylmckel...@gmail.com> Subject:
Stus-List Sherwood pump oil seal
Has anyone any experience replacing the oil seal at the back of the Sherwood
raw water pump? I have the replacement oil seal part number 18806, cost 20.82,
it has a green outer casing and looks like it should slide right into the end
of the pump body that faces the engine, however that bore seems to be just
slightly smaller, is there maybe a trick to this?This is the universal M35, I
realize lots have switched to the oberdorfer and I might eventually but just
want to get this one back together for now, maybe get 1 or 2 more sails out of
this year then call it a year. There wasn't much left of the old one that came
out so can't even say what it even looked like, will be stripping the rest of
the pump right down to clean out the remnants of the old one.Thanx very much.
Daryl McKelvieS/V SkellySarnia Ontario