Here is an oddball idea that I thought I'd float by the list:

Reverse wiring the standard 1-2-All-Off switch to accomplish the following
(context: I have an electric motor, so don't charge my batteries off the engine)

Wire the 2 -27 house batteries in parallel, then feed the output to the
standard switch which then in one position powers the cockpit panel, the other
for the main panel and combined for both panels.

I am completely re-wiring my boat and will end up with 2 panels and don't want
to run from the battery to a main, then to the cockpit panel, because the cable
runs waste energy, so I want the two panels run directly from the house then to
their respective devices.

Call me crazy, but let me know if this might work.  I have an old switch which
I will use to test the concept outside the boat, but just wanted to get
feedback.

Let me know.

Alex Giannelia

1974 C&C 35-2
Toronto

PS My motor runs off of 4 ODYSSEY PC18 wired in series with its own smart
charger and is completely separate from my house bank.

PS2:  No enroute charging yet, but will eventually pick a solution from wind,
solar, hydro...