Rebedding as well.  So the consensus is the butyl from Maine Sail is the best?

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Dave Godwin via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: 9/20/17 9:35 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Dave Godwin <dave.god...@me.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Butyl rubber tape

Fred,

I don’t know about 1986 builds but I can assure you that 1982 builds were fully
bedded using butyl. Right now I am in the process of cleaning up all the
removed deck hardware on our 1982 C&C 37. Butyl in overwhelming amounts.
Everything was bedded with it.

For which I am grateful. It is a great bedding compound. I’ve had virtually now
soft spots. I just ordered a couple of rolls of it from Maine Sail.

If you are pulling hardware and re-bedding, use the butyl. Your best friend for
cleaning up the old butyl is #3M Specialty Adhesive Remover, #38984. Melts the
old butyl away.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay
Ronin’s Overdue Refit<http://roninrebuild.blogspot.com/>

On Sep 20, 2017, at 8:30 PM, Fred Hazzard via CnC-List

Can anyone tell me if C&C's built in 1986 used butyl rubber tape under various
tracks and rails.  I have a baby stay track and jib car track  that appear to
be leaking.

Fred Hazzard
S/V Fury
C&C 44
Portland, Or

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon>
    Virus-free.