I've tried tried "head lube", TefGel, wheel grease, couple other things.
Nothing works as well as Superlube.

So, primarily, I use Superlube.  Pop the top off the Jabsco pump assembly,
pull out the plunger, wipe some on the plunger o-ring and the shaft and
re-install.

In between SuperLube applications, I use olive oil.  I keep a small bottle
of olive oil on the boat for cooking.  Each spring, I replace the bottle
with a new one.  What's left in the old bottle becomes interim head lube.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA