A few suggestions:

Have a look at a similar sized boat on the hard and contemplate holding a
sander (~5-6 inches in diameter) above your head while you move it along the
bottom while moving a chair to sit on or doing it standing or kneeling.
Remember that you must not poison yourself with the dust so have a good quality
mask on, lots of sandpaper and be prepared to change the paper often. You will
also need a disposable suit to keep the poison off your person, including your
hair, ears, etc. Keep in mind the weather, either hot, humid rainy or cold will
influence your pace.

Now contemplate doing this more than once since you will likely need to sand
with a rough grit followed by a smoother one before hand painting the new
poison on and then that may need sanded once or twice before adding another
layer of paint, etc. etc. Same is true if you want to spray it on, except then
you can really poison yourself and possibly paint a few of your neighbor's
boats!

I did this sanding once on my 36 ft boat and from the underside it looked like
an ocean liner when you are using a 5 inch sander. It took me about 5 8-10 hour
workdays to get the sanding done. I was not prepared to either hand paint with
rollers or spray paint for racing so the yard took over--I was able to use may
arms again in about a week :>).

IMHO this is a yard job and is not particularly challenging--just a low-skill
PITA that teaches you only that you never want to do it again!

Let the yard soda blast it, sand and paint it and spend your time making money
to pay them their fees. OTOH, if you have more time than money, enjoy working
with tools above your head for days on end, go for it--just remember you were
warned!

Charlie Nelson
Water Phantom
1995 C&C 36 XL/kcb