In an effort to reduce constant dripping from a neglected winch fastened to my
deck support along-side the mast (common on the 80’ MK2) I removed it, cleaned
with Acetone and filled the holes with Life Caulk. That way my settee below
doesn’t get soaked each rainfall during our Vancouver winter. In hindsight I
realize you can’t paint silicone and that clear Life Caulk doesn’t match the
deck. So is it better to do a job like this with epoxy? I.E. dig out the old
silicone and replace with epoxy that matches the deck color (in spring of
course)? I used what I had.

The actual core along these deck supports on either side need to be cut out and
replaced, but presentation is everything until I can get to that list item.

Chris Hobson
S/V Going
1980 C&C MKI
Hull 615

The bills have started coming in for the year 2018 and have gone up again.
October will be our fund raising month.  Please consider sending a small
contribution to help keep this list running.  Use PayPal to send contribution
--   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

All contributions are greatly appreciated!