Listers,

As it is wired now (probably by the previous owner), the only way to switch on
the refrigerator on the Enterprise is to open up the Ship’s Circuits panel and
flip on the circuit breaker deep inside. As the fridge is high amps, I can
understand the need to go through extra steps to turn it on or off, but I was
looking to do something more convenient.

So here’s the plan:

Since the compressor itself is located in a locker adjacent to the galley, I
was thinking of putting a flip-open-covered blue LED push button latching
ON-OFF switch in the galley, which would then activate a relay, which, when the
button is pressed, would connect the positive lead to the fridge compressor.

Here is the switch:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EJWVBPS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EJWVBPS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

Here is the cover:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TK0WFEA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TK0WFEA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

It looks like the switch can handle the loads without burning out, but I think
I’m best off getting a relay as well. I like the idea of the cover so it can’t
accidentally be bumped into, turned on and drain the battery during a long day
of sailing.

Any thoughts? Sound like a good plan? Am I missing something?

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise