From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of David Knecht
via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2017 7:44 AM
To: CnC CnC discussion list
Cc: David Knecht
Subject: Stus-List Engine idle speed

All this discussion of engine (Universal M4-30) starting has reminded me of
something I want to do in the spring, but am not sure how to approach.  My
engine runs fine at idle, which is around 1000rpm (don’t remember exactly what
gauge reads).  If I shift into reverse it almost always stalls.  If I advance
the throttle slightly, it does not stall.  This is obviously a real problem
when docking as I can’t count on slowing down when I need to without restarting
the engine.  So the question is: what is how to advance the idle speed
slightly?  I can imagine doing this at the Edson lever end or the engine end
and not sure which is the right or best way to do it.  Thanks- Dave

Aries

1990 C&C 34+

New London, CT