From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of DON
JONSSON via CnC-List
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2017 8:28 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: DON JONSSON
Subject: Stus-List Replacing shifter cable

On our C&C we have replaced the motor and now need to replace the shifter
cable.  It is a C&C 34 with a throttle on one side and the shifter on port.
The secret is how to disconnect the shifter lever from the cable with out
ripping everything apart on the binnacle.  We don't know the secret.  Does
anyone?  I suspect trying to take the pin out that goes through the u-joint
on the end of the cable holding it to the lever with needle nose pliers will
end badly.  Trying to put it back together even worse.  First attempt at
removing the screws/bolts holding the top plate down around the compass on
the binnacle did not bode well.

Thanks for any help.

Don Jonsson
C&C 34, Victoria

Sent from my iPad

every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use
PayPal to send contribution --   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray