I replaced the cable on my 1977 C&C 27 which sounds like the same setup.  There
is a small screw on the tube that holds the shifter cable bracket.  If memory
serves, once you remove the screw you can lift the cable or push it up from
below, and the pull the cotter pin.
Feel free to call if you want to talk it through.
Bruce Whitmore1994 C&C 37/40+847.404.5092

-------- Original message --------From: Frederick G Street via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 12/11/17  11:18 AM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Frederick G Street <f...@postaudio.net> Subject: Re:
Stus-List Replacing shifter cable - but
Don — that’s most likely the older Edson system, with the narrower riser tube
on the pedestal; Chuck Gilchrest will know the model number (301?).  That’s a
completely different animal, and something I don’t think Edson has sold for 35
years or more.  The system was in place on my LF38 when I bought her; I’ve
since replaced the entire pedestal, as I wanted the different control scheme
and also needed to fit a wheel pilot (something you couldn’t do on the
four-tube system).
— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis
S/V Oceanis (1979 C&C Landfall 38) -- on the hard in Bayfield, WI   :^(

On Dec 11, 2017, at 9:54 AM, DON JONSSON via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>