You can go into the plotter and change the baud rate. I had same problem on my
S-H 390. If I remember correctly ( highly unlikely), you want something around
3600 baud rate for the ais. MILLTECH marine is a great source for all things
AIS. I bought Rebecca Leah from Doug Miller the owner of MILLTECH MARINE.
https://www.milltechmarine.com/infopage.asp?page=1

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE DeviceDoug Mountjoy POYC Rebecca Leah Lf39
-------- Original message --------From: "Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 12/19/17  07:44  (GMT-08:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: "Della Barba, Joe" <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov> Subject:
Re: Stus-List AIS improvement + general rewiring

The AIS is also connected to OpenCPN and it works fine. The data is definitely
coming out of the AIS unit. The AIS is a GPS receiver as well and sends AIS and
 GPS data out of the 38.4K port. Usually a GPS will send the satellites in view
and their signal strength, but the Digital Yacht unit is not doing this. The
plotter will read 4800 baud data, but the AIS will not send AIS data from that
port, only GPS. I think
 S-H needs to update the firmware to fix this issue.

Joe Della Barba
Coquina
C&C 35 MK I