      From: Barry Lenoble via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Barry Lenoble <leno...@optonline.net>
 Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 9:08 AM
 Subject: Stus-List adjustable cars

Hey,

If you don't race, I question need for line adjustable cars.

The boat I race on has them, and they work well. We have three headsails to
pick from, and not all courses are windward / leeward, so we do adjust the
cars during the race.

I don't race my boat (that seriously anyway) and I don't have line
adjustable cars. I have a single headsail, and the cars stay in one position
about 90% of the time. If I could upgrade to line adjustable cars for a low
price (say under $400) I would. However, if the price is going to be over
$1000 I question the value the adjustable cars provide.

-Do you have multiple headsails? Do you change them frequently? Do you have
roller furling / reefing and frequently sail with the genoa reefed? If the
answer to those questions is yes then you would probably benefit from the
line adjustable cars. If not, then my suggestion is to just forget it.

Good luck,
Barry

Barry Lenoble
leno...@optonline.net
Deep Blue C, C&C 110
Mt. Sinai, NY

On 19 December 2017 at 16:34, Bruce Whitmore via CnC-List
Hello all,

I was wondering if you folks might be able to give me some guidance.  I
ordered adjustable Genoa track cars from Garhauer, and even sent them a
photo of the track.  When they got here, the cars won't fit - they will not
even slide over the track.  I sent new photos to Garhauer, and Guido looked
at them and informed me that not only do they not make adjustable cars that
fit, they can't even custom make them.

Have you folks obtained adjustable cars, and if so, from where?

Bruce Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+, "Astralis"
(847) 404-5092<tel:(847)%20404-5092> (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net<mailto:bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net>

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --  https://www.paypal.me/stumurray