I second Dennis’s prescription.   It does not need much heat, but a good
scraper is key.

Don’t waist your time with a cheap metal blade scraper.  Get a Bahco #665 ($25
on Amazon) which has a  tungsten carbide blade.  The blade will literally last
you a lifetime without the need to sharpen.  I purchased one about 5 year ago
along with a replacement blade. I have used it from scrapping off bottom paint
to toe rails.  I have pretty much abused the scrapper, and I still have not
needed the spare blade.

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C 38 Landfall