The "kitchen cloth"
<https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71mC52h-hIL._SL1500_.jpg>
from Trader Joe's is a synthetic chamois that works amazingly in for this
purpose. $3.99 for 2 pack. We usually cut each one in half (so you have 4
per pack) and use them around the boat and house. They launder reasonably
well and they come in various colors.    On our 30-2 I take a half and
stick it through the toe rail. They stay put and will wick amazingly.