Shifter/throttle cables are available from West Marine.  Replace both.  Get
one of the old ones out and take it to WM for replacement options.  Use the
single remaining cable to fish the 2 new cables in.

In my case I had to remove the compass and pretty well disassemble the top
of the pedestal. Then unbolt the pedestal foot and lay it over to fish the
cables.  I had to loosen the steering cables to create enough slop.  This
caused them to slip off the turning sheaves and then caused the chain to
become unaligned with the center point on the sprocket.

That's why I say do both.

Good luck,

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk