Over the weekend I noticed that my marine flares are about to expire.   I just
went to the Defender site for an unrelated item and saw that Defender has a
special going on for the Weems & Plath SOS Distress Light Bundle at $69.

The bundle includes SOS distress light, daytime distress flag, and the Storm
Safety whistle.  Usually the whistle is not included and the price for the
light/flag combo no less than $99.   At this price, it seem like a no brainer
to get the bundle.  The money spent on replacing standard flares will now go
into getting and maintaining some SOLAS parachute flares.

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C 38 Landfall
S/V Johanna Rose