One way to make your batteries last longer and still guarantee starting in
the morning is to go to a dedicated start battery and combine the existing
pair into one house bank. Your depth of discharge will be much less for a
given draw, so the house batteries last much longer, and if you wire it
right you will never draw your starting battery down. I have 3 Group 31's
in my house bank (345 AH) and a Group 24 starting battery. The starting
battery dates from the purchase of the boat, so 12 years; it's time to
replace it.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III