From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Eric Baumes
via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:29 PM
To: cnc-list
Cc: Eric Baumes
Subject: Re: Stus-List Adding asym sail/sprit to C&C 36

Should have said that list was in no particular order.

Yes, main usually comes over last.

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 4:03 PM, Joel Aronson via CnC-List
Eric,

We always jibe the mast last.  Are we doing it wrong?

Joel

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 3:49 PM, Eric Baumes via CnC-List
Jobs to do when dip jibing symmetrical chute/ Ideal setup.

1. Main trimmer (jibes main)
2. Foredeck (switches pole to new working guy)
3. Mast (raises and lowers pole on mast, lowers and raises the topping lift)
4. Chute trimmer
5. Guy trimmer (squares pole)
6. Helm
7. Pit (check stays)
8. Floater (tends misc. lines when trimmer and guy change sides)

Sure people can do more than one job. And sometimes with inexperience crew you
are better off that way (4-5 good crew are essential). But you won't be as fast
and as precise short-handed as a crew who can execute.  You wont be as fast as
jibing an asym and you will avoid Jibing when it may be advantageous.

In any weather, the helm should only be steering and someone should be tending
the main. The results of divided attention during can be really bad.

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:51 PM, Susan Kaseler