Hi Joel

I tried that a few years ago with my dodger.  I used the old frame for the
shape and FRP from Home Depot.  Tried laminating two pieces of FRP together.
It wasn’t rigid enough.  Also someone told me they are made with polyester
resin not epoxy.

If you google hard dodger I’m sure there will be lots of sites showing what has
been done.

Good luck keep us posted.

Mike
PERSUASION