I'm still researching the correct pump.

I've pretty much determined the issue with the Oberdorfer is the spacing
between inlet and outlet when one tries to re-use the elbows from the
Sherwood.  There isn't enough clearance for the second elbow to swing past
the first elbow.  I think installing one of the elbows then cutting a bit
off the barb on the second elbow is the solution.  The Oberdorfer N202M-837
is simply an Oberdorfer N202M-908 with two short barb elbows and about $70
added to the price.

The online pricing for the 908 varies significantly.  Lowest so far is $326.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA