Has anyone tried new glass?Nice gloss, makes the hull look new.Jim schwartz C&c
38LF Washington nc
-------- Original message --------From: Eric Frank via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 4/23/18  2:43 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Eric Frank <efran...@mac.com> Subject: Re: Stus-List
Wax
Bruce,

Yes, people on this list have very different opinions about PoliGlow - my
experience has been favorable.  I’ve been using it every spring since buying
Cat's Paw (bright red hull) in 2009 with good results. If there is a haze
anywhere, Poliglow does not get rid of that, as the directions warn. And
getting rid of the haze is hard work (have not tried ammonia, so I will try
that this spring). The company recommends removing that haze before applying
Poliglow, and if you don’t, the haze is definitely visible under the new
Poliglow - haze with a shine!.  But if the haze is removed, the result is
excellent - very bright and shiny - and it lasts the whole season.  It does
require 6 or 7 coats, but dries in minutes, so I just go around the boat (with
a leather-like rag on a stick) that many times - it takes about 10 minutes to
go around once (a 35’ hull). Routinely get comments about how good it looks,
and it’s still very bright the following spring when I do it again.  Cat's Paw
is kept on jack stands for the winter but spends the entire summer on a mooring
(Buzzards Bay is salt water), so plenty of sun and salt air. Despite the many
critics, I’ll keep using it.

Eric Frank
Cat's Paw
C&C 35 Mk II
Mattapoisett, MA

> From: Bruce Whitmore <bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net>
> To: "cnc-list@cnc-list.com" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> Subject: Re: Stus-List Wax
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have historically had very good experience with PoliGlow in the Chicago
> area - 16 years, as a matter of fact.? That said, for some reason here in
> Florida, people swear at the stuff (rather than swearing by it).? They say it
> yellows and is nearly impossible to remove. I don't know the reality either
> way down here, at least as of yet.
> I understand the remover is ammonia (and industrial strength at that).? How
> difficult is it to remove in reality??
>
> For those of you who have worked with it in year-round hot, sunny, seawater
> exposed environments, what say to about the stuff?
> I'd really like to go back to it, but I've gotten an awful lot of pushback
> from the locals...
>
> Thanks for your input,
> ?Bruce Whitmore

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray