Be careful about that first coat of bottom paint.  It depends on the paint.

From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2018 5:35 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Josh Muckley
Subject: Re: Stus-List Keel treatment

I believe West Systems suggests scrubbing epoxy into the metal with a wire
brush or a scrubby pad.  Anytime an epoxy coating is applied (west systems,
interprotect, etc) I've been told that to ensure proper adhesion between layers
you need to apply the next layer while the last coating is still soft or tacky.
 This includes the first coat of bottom paint.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD